Wednesday 15 February 2012

Book Review: Graffiti Moon by Cath Crowley

Book: Graffiti Moon - Cath Crowley


Publishing Date: August 1st 2010


Read from February 05 to 06, 2012


Genre: Young Adult, Contemporary, Romance


Goodreads Summary: 


"Let me make it in time. Let me meet Shadow. The guy who paints in the dark. Paints birds trapped on brick walls and people lost in ghost forests. Paints guys with grass growing from their hearts and girls with buzzing lawn mowers."

It’s the end of Year 12. Lucy’s looking for Shadow, the graffiti artist everyone talks about.

His work is all over the city, but he is nowhere.

Ed, the last guy she wants to see at the moment, says he knows where to find him. He takes Lucy on an all-night search to places where Shadow’s thoughts about heartbreak and escape echo around the city walls.

But the one thing Lucy can’t see is the one thing that’s right before her eyes.

My View:

There are times when you pick up a book and you just can't put it down and Graffiti Moon my friends is one of those books. I can't express in words how much I love this book. The story, the background and the characters are all amazing. There is nothing in this book that I didn't like.

 Art work of Shepard Fairy
The story is about Lucy and Ed and that one amazing night where they discover secrets, confront the facts and share their inner most feelings. 

I must admit, I love art of any form and graffiti art is no exception. I love the works of Banksy and Shepard Fairey. And if you are like me and love graffiti. You should check out the movie Exit Through the Gift Shop

Now coming back to the book; the art, the romance, the characters and even the freaking dialogues were just amazing! This is my first book by Cath Crowely and I can't wait to read many more.

The Good:

  • The whole art aspect of the story really string a cord with me. 
  • Ed and Lucy are really amazing characters and their interactions are hilarious.
  • The message of the book is very powerful and not at all preachy. 
  • I simply love every character in the book. Seriously! every character in the book was very well thought of. 
  • The couples! Ed and Lucy were cute and funny. Daisy and Dylan were just adorable. Leo and Jazz were very real with their insecurities and conflicts. 
  • The whole idea of shadow and poet is genius.
  • The book is very funny with a hint of seriousness in it. 
  • The poems in between by poet were insightful and just plain awesome.
  • The pace of the book was just right.
I can go on and on about this book but I don't wanna seem like a fan girl. So all i can say: people who like contemporary novels, this is for you. And for people who don't like contemporary novels, this is the one you should start with.

Overall: 5/5 and a double thumbs up!
Writing: 5/5
Plot: 4/5
Characters: 5/5
Romance: 4/5
LoL Moments: 4/5
Cover: 4.5/5



Favorite Quote: 
“I guess love's kind of like a marshmallow in a microwave on high. After it explodes it's still a marshmallow. but, you know, now it's a complicated marshmallow.”


Favorite Character: Ed, Lucy, Daisy, Dylan, Jazz and Leo (in-short all!)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment