Saturday 7 January 2012

Book Review: Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins

Book: Anna and the French Kiss - Stephanie Perkins


Publication Date: December 2nd 2010

Read from January 04 to 06, 2012

Genre: Young Adult, Contemporary, Romance

Anna is looking forward to her senior year in Atlanta, where she has a great job, a loyal best friend, and a crush on the verge of becoming more. Which is why she is less than thrilled about being shipped off to boarding school in Paris - until she meets Etienne St. Clair: perfect, Parisian (and English and American, which makes for a swoon-worthy accent), and utterly irresistible. The only problem is that he's taken, and Anna might be, too, if anything comes of her almost-relationship back home.

As winter melts into spring, will a year of romantic near - misses end with the French kiss Anna - and readers - have long awaited?


My View:

I am loving 2012 and it's just been 7 days! and one reason for that is amazing books like Anna and the French Kiss. This is a perfect Chick-Lit for a rainy day. It was fun, hilarious, romantic and it made me so giddy. I am still blushing. The characters and the setting both are perfect and I just fell in love with the whole book. 


The story is about Anna, who against her wishes is sent to Paris for her senior year of high school. She doesn't know french and all her family and friends are back home in Atlanta. Things starts looking up for Anna when she meets the handsome French American British guy, St. Clair. The whole book then follows the friendship between Anna and St. Clair. They are funny, ignorant and so in love.

I should tell you, the story is not unique but the writing is brilliant. Stephanie Perkins debut novel is a hit for me. The book is filled with cliches and the biggest one can be the setting, PARIS DUH! But it's just so romantic and awww worthy that I just love every bit of it.

If you are looking for reasons to pick up this book. Chuck everything I said up till now just pick up the book for ST. CLAIR! I have never been so in love with a fictions character in my life. 

This is how I imagine him to look like. (Isn't he a cutie?)

The Good: 

  • Anna and St. Clair may be the star of the book but every character in the book is brilliant.
  • The setting: Oh Paris how i love you!
  • The love story is amazing and awww-some full.
  • The Writing is wonderful and fresh. There were times I couldn't keep the book down.
  • And St. Clairrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr! I Love HIM! 
The Bad: 
  • The cover! It was the only reason that I didnt pick this book any sooner.
Overall: 5 and double thumbs up!
Writing: 5/5
Plot: 3/5
Characters: 5/5
Romance: 5/5
LoL Moments: 4/5
Cover: 3/5

Favorite Quote: “I wish friends held hands more often, like the children I see on the streets sometimes. I'm not sure why we have to grow up and get embarrassed about it.”

Favorite Character: Étienne St. Clair

3 comments:

  1. Ooh I loved this one too! Always happy when I see others raving about it!

    Giselle
    Xpresso Reads

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a wonderful read. I sound like a fan girl while talking about this book, It's ridiculous!

    Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is one of my all time favs. Like you, I love how it's set in Paris - who can't. And I love the friendship to love relationship of Etienne.

    ReplyDelete